Understanding Travel Expenses for Worker’s Compensation Cases

The insurance company must compensate the injured worker for mileage and travel related expenses incurred in connection to their workplace injury. These expenses include round-trip mileage to health care providers for treatment, public transportation fares, parking fees, and bridge tolls. To be reimbursed, the injured worker must keep track of all expenses related to treatment, including receipts, and submit them to the claims administrator using the California Medical Mileage Expense Form. The form asks for dates traveled, address traveled from, address traveled to, round-trip mileage, parking costs, and toll fees.

The rate to be reimbursed for miles traveled in California changes each year. For 2017, the rate has been set at 53.5 cents per mile. The rates going back to 2006 can be found here.

If you have questions about how this will affect your case, please call a knowledgeable Thousand Oaks Travel Expenses Attorney that understand workers’ comp rules, at (805) 430-3300 or contact me online